We all know many people. To some of them, we show them more support, love and strength than others and we hold our loved ones, our families, and our friends a little closer to our hearts. We say we will stand beside them, be there for them, and love them unconditionally. But things happen, opinions differ and sometimes, loving them unconditionally is hard to do.
There are many issues in our world today in many topics and areas, that effect people next to us, in our communities and worldwide. Some are illnesses, sickness, issues and causes hit a little closer to home. Others may issues in areas that we are interested in, what we are passionate about and where we feel we can make a difference.
Why is it that …
- … we care a little more when someone we know personally is affected by something?
- … we don’t care or even want to help, but when someone we know joins a cause, we feel we should join in as well and lend a hand?
- … sometimes takes a tragedy to bring us together and to realize that there is a problem?
- … we speak our mind and don’t worry about how our words effect others, but then when we see that our words hurt them, we change what we say and how we feel about things?
- … it takes National coverage and awareness of issues before people start to take action?
- … there is still discrimination, racism, sexism and the list goes on?
- … even in a country that has made so much progress, we are slowly going backwards?
If only we didn’t judge. If only we didn’t care what others thought, or worried about their potential actions.
It seems that our lives, the lives of our loved ones, all of those around us, and those worldwide would be better if we were better. If people cared a little more, if we were more open minded in our thinking and if sometimes, we went the extra mile.