A Vision of K-12 Students Today
This video shares facts and ideas about how students are using technology in the classroom and why we should teach using technology.
Here are some quotes that I found important:
- “I am a 21st century learner.”
- “… we expect to be able to create … consume … remix … and share information with each other.”
- “76% of my teachers have never used … Wikis … blogs … podcasts.”
- “At least once a week, 14% of my teachers let me create something with new technology – 63% never do.”
- “61 % of my reading teachers never use digital storytelling software.”
- “If we learn by doing … what are we learning sitting here?”
- “What kind of education do you want me to have?”
“Let me use the www – whatever, whenever, wherever.”
“Teach me to think … to create … to analyse … to evaluate … to apply. Teach me to think.”
I am glad that this ECMP 355 course is teaching me tools to use with students so that I can engage them and can let them use technology to think, create, analyse, evaluate, apply and learn.