I came across ten changes you can make in your classroom so that the days run a little smoother. These ideas are both good for you and your students. I can see myself implementing these ten points in my future classroom, especially numbers 4 through 8 and number 10.
- Assign your students jobs – give them some responsibilities while at school and have them help you take care of the classroom.
- Be on a need to know basis – do they really need to ask if they can get a drink or go to the wash room every single time?
- Have extras – pencils, erasers, pens, markers, etc. so that they can just borrow one if needed and return it when they are done.
- If you can, plan right away – keep ideas fresh in your mind, ready to carry on from where you just left off teaching and learning in the previous lesson.
- Keep Google Calendar – everything can go on this calendar and it can be shared with students and parents.
- Have a classroom blog – share with parents and community what is happening and have students post on their own pages.
- Ask your students – ask them what they want to learn, what they want to create and actually listen to their ideas.
- Dance a little – have students pick a song and take a brain break and just dance.
- Ask your papers where they want to go – don’t be so worried about being organized and having a complicated filing system. Find what works for you, but make sure to have some type of a system!
- Follow the one minute rule – if it can be done in one minute, do it right away and stop procrastinating!
Check out the original post here.